5 Tips for Staying Healthy and Productive In Between Music Festivals
We told you the best music festivals to hit, now here is your part 2! With fun you always got to stay healthy! Here are our top 5 recommendations to keep you feeling your best while living your best!
- Stay Physically Active- Taking the time to work out will do wonders for keeping you happy and healthy in between music festivals this spring and summer! Staying active has a menagerie of mental and physical health benefits, including (but not limited to) de-stressing you, releasing endorphins, boosting your confidence, and more. It’s also important to realize that there’s no such thing as starting too small – just taking the time to jog around the block 3 times a week will have positive effects on your well being. Plus, you get the added bonus of being fit enough to run back and forth between stages and beat everyone else to the front of the crowd 😉
- Take Your Vitamins!- Disclaimer: this is more of a tip for while you’re at the festivals themselves. Having a healthy vitamin regimen is a major key to keeping yourself healthy while you’re busy dancing. Eating healthy can be a challenge at music festivals where the only options are $12 pizza slices and $10 beers – so it’s a great idea to take vitamins to supplement the infamous festival diet. Vitamins C and D are great places to start, and throwing in a multivitamins will help too!
- Eat Healthy and Clean- While you may not have the most options to eat healthy inside a festival, you certainly can outside! When the music stops and you’re home again, do your best to eat as healthy as possible – your body, mind and mind will thank you. Eat tons of vitamin rich greens, healthy fats (avocados anyone?), and antioxidant rich fruits to make sure you’re good to go as soon as it’s time to jump back on the dance floor!
- Drink More Water!- Did you know that 75% of America is chronically dehydrated? Did you know that you’re probably in that 75%? While it’s definitely SUPER important to drink water while you’re at a festival, it’s even more important to make sure you’re properly hydrated before and after the fact. Hangovers are essentially cases of extreme dehydration, cases that can be avoided if you buffer your partying with plenty of water before the dancing starts AND after the lights turn on.
- Give Yourself Time To Recover- Festivals take a toll on your well being – both physical and mental. Make sure you’re giving yourself plenty of time between your festival adventures to rest, recover, and take care of yourself. Hitting too many festies back to back can cause you to burn out, get sick, and generally have a real bad time. Remember the famous quote from Oscar Wilde – everything in moderation (even moderation)