With quarantine in full force and us not knowing when we will be out, we wanted to share some quick how to’s …
Hand Sanitizer! These days killing germs and virus is a top priority. While finding gel sanitizer maybe hard at the moment, there’s a silver lining, its easy to make and you may have everything you need at home already!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 cup of 91% Isopropyl Alcohol
- Using alcohol diluted beyond 91% will result in a weaker sanitizer that does not meet the CDC’s 60% benchmark.
- ½ cup of Aloe Vera Gel (organic, if possible, take straight from grandma’s or mom’s backyard)
- 15 drops of Garden of Life Organic Essential Oils – we recommend lavender, lemon, tea tree, or a combination!
- Lavender has long been the premier essential oil for promoting calmness and relaxation.
- Lemon essential oil is known for its fresh citrusy scent, but also offers an experience of clarity and sharpness.
- Tea tree oil offers an experience of cleansing and purification, and is known to support our bodies to maintain optimal well-being.
- Upcycled lotion/gel container
Measure out the alcohol and aloe vera gel, and combine in a bowl. Add the Garden of Life Essential Oils of your choice, stir or whisk until thoroughly combined, and pour into the container. Use when needed!
The Onyx team is committed to providing helpful tips and positivity during this time – we hope this DIY hand sanitizer gel is useful for you and your families.
Stay well and stay sanitized, friends!